Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Last Summer: California

Last summer I was lucky enough to find myself spending more time in airports than at home. I got to go places I never thought I would be able to go to. I got to see things I never in my wildest dreams thought I would see. Overall, it was a summer of dreams, so I've decided to write a few posts about these amazing places I visited.

The first place I visited was California! I was invited by my aunt to go with her and her two children to Disneyland. I am such a big fan of Disney, and I had never been to Disneyland, so of course I said yes. The first night we stayed at the Disneyland Hotel, which was beautiful. Then we moved to a smaller hotel for the next four nights, which I didn't mind at all. I'll never understand why people are so adamant to stay in big, fancy hotels on trips like these, because you're going to be spending so much time at the park. Anyway, that's enough about hotels for now- let's talk about Disneyland!


The park was just as magical as everyone says it is. I don't think I really comprehended just how vast and amazing Disneyland is until I stepped onto Main St. and saw the castle. That for me, was the moment when I realized just how amazing it was that Walt Disney was able to make all of this real. Everywhere you look there's something spectacular happening... Characters that you have read about and watched in movies are suddenly standing there, right before your eyes. Parades full of dancers and floats fill the streets. Rides that teleport you into your favorite characters' stories for a few minutes are there waiting for you. It's all so magical. You literally get to spend the day living the life that all of the Disney characters live; but, I think my favorite part of the whole day is when it starts to get dark outside, and Main St. lights up, and you know that it's just a matter of time until the fireworks begin to shoot off behind the castle.

I could go on and on for days, and never be able to truly convey to you just how amazing I think Disneyland is. I loved every little bit about the park, and I wish that I could personally thank Walt Disney himself for having the imagination and determination to create such a wonderful place. As I've said before... One day at Disneyland can feel eternal (but in a good way). When you're there all of the stress of regular life is gone, and you're just you, walking through a perfectly made town, without a care in the world.

-Melissa P. Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment