Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Visiting Justin

A few years ago my big brother, Justin, moved to Lubbock to attend school at TTU. Since he moved out my family and I haven't been able to go visit him very often. Lubbock is quite a few hours away from where we live, so packing everyone up into a rental car is quite the undertaking; but, this past Friday we finally made the trip. We rented the car, booked the hotel, and after what felt like centuries of driving we arrived at his apartment.

We spent the next five days playing video games, board games, and going out to eat. One of the board games that we spent much of our time playing was Wits & Wagers, which was tons of fun. It's a trivia board game, but not the type that makes you feel stupid. It's more the type that makes you laugh, due to how random all of the questions are. 99% of the time no one knows what the answer is, therefore it's not a big deal if you don't know the answer (Expect for that one question that asked how many boxing matches Muhammad Ali had won, to which I replied 2000. I don't know much at all about boxing, but apparently 2000 is absurdly high.)


Overall, the trip was tons of fun. It reminded me a lot of when we were all still little, living at home, and made me quite miss those days. Back when everything was so much simpler, and we spent everyday together. I may have thought my siblings were a bit annoying back then, but now that we're all growing up, and starting to pave our own lives I wish I could go back; but, alas time travel is not a thing yet. I guess the best I can do for now is hope that as we grow older we don't grow apart.

-Melissa P. Cooper

No comments:

Post a Comment